Did you know that there’s a difference between what you’d look for in a seller’s agent and a buyer’s agent? You want to buy a house, so you search for a real estate agent to assist you. Maybe your neighbor worked with someone and they sent you their name. But, what if you spent just a little more time finding someone with your particular focus in mind? What would you look for when you were interviewing agents to find your new home?
Let’s talk about the differences between a buyer’s agent and a seller’s agent.
What to Look for in a Buyer’s Agent
We have talked already about ways to find a great agent to work with, and the process you should go through to locate the right agent and vet them for your specific interests and personality. Now, we want to discuss other items to look for and ask about when you are hiring a real estate buyer’s agent to represent you.
1. A Dual Agency Agreement. This simply means they can work both sides of a deal for you as the selling agent and buyer’s agent without having to have a second agent for either process.
2. Does the agent have the ABR certification, which stands for Accredited Buyers Representative?
3. Designated Agent Agreement. This type of agreement allows for two different agents to work on the home selling and buying process within the company. One for the seller and one for the buyer.
Overall Real Estate Agent Questions
On top of these buyer’s agent specifics above, you want to remember to ask about a number of other things that are going to be common with all agents you want to hire:
They are knowledgable and experienced with the homes in the community you want to buy in
They will negotiate the purchase price for you and act as your advocate in the entire home buying process
- They will advise you with the home inspection, pest inspection, pool inspection (if needed), and connect you with top-notch contractors
- They will participate in the closing process and provide advice and consultation as needed
- They are accredited, certified and educated in their field and specialties
When You Want the Best Real Estate Agent
Are you ready to buy a home? Look to a top rated and experienced real estate agent familiar with the locations and types of properties you love in the Memphis area. Whether it’s residential, commercial, or open land you’re looking for, work with a real estate professional that you can trust.
Click here to learn more about me and how I can help you with your home purchase, buying parcels of land, or looking to move to a new home. My skills and education are focused on what you need for a great Real Estate experience. I would love to chat with you and answer any questions you might have. Contact me at (901) 828-8919 or drop me a quick note firstname.lastname@example.org. Look forward to speaking with you today!
Angie Kelley, Crye-Leike Realtors
(901) 828-8919 or (901) 840-1181