Is getting outdoors one of your favorite things? Do you find that your small patio isn’t quite cutting it? Maybe now is the perfect time to consider how to make your home’s outdoor space into the perfect getaway. We’ve put together some ideas to help you create an inviting and pleasant backyard oasis. Here are 7 outdoor living space ideas.
7 Outdoor Living Space Ideas
1. Outdoor seating. This is going to be the ultimate comfort decision! If you will be entertaining a lot, consider larger sofas that are comfortable and easy to clean. If you are thinking of a more intimate space, two or three relaxing chairs might be just perfect. Add in some coordinating tables to pull the set together.
2. Heating Element. A fireplace could be the perfect addition to your backyard oasis. You can have something built to coordinate with your home’s exterior or you can shop free-standing fireplaces. If you are looking for more warmth around your dining table, outdoor heaters and lamps add the perfect touch for any gathering.
3. Patios and Decks. If you are stuck on a tiny concrete pad in your outdoor space, expanding this seating and entertaining area will probably be first on your list. You can increase the size of this area with stone, rock, or concrete depending on your budget, or go up with your build, and add a deck. Remember how often you will use this space, so take the time to do it right!
4. Sun Covering. From umbrellas and canopies, to pergolas and complete roofing systems, there are many options to add protective covering from the sun to your outdoor living space. Installing a complete outdoor room, pergola, or gazebo structure will give you a permanent option to step right outside to enjoy the outdoors without hassle. And if you need to work on a smaller budget, there are even options that are portable and attractive.
5. Lighting. Installing lighting is the icing on the outdoor living cake. Exterior lighting adds the pizazz, sparkle, and a warm glow to your entertaining space. Outdoor lighting can be in the form of string lights, solar-powered staked lighting, or installed, more permanent options.
6. Ambiance. Once you have your fundamental elements for your outdoor living set, you can consider some extras like updating some of your landscaping. Bringing in more flowering bushes or potted plants can add just the right amount of eye-catching charm. Water features are another nice way to incorporate a calming element that brings sophistication to your outdoor living space. From sculptural features to more elaborate fountains, you can transform this area into a peaceful backyard retreat.
7. Grilling and Kitchens. Outdoor cooking can’t be beat. Whether you have a grilling station or an entire built-in kitchen for your outdoor living area, top off your space with an attractive spot for cooking and eating with friends and family.
Working With An Experienced Memphis Area Real Estate Agent
When it’s time to sell your existing home or buy a great new place, turn to a highly regarded and well-informed local real estate agent. You want someone that you can trust to give you the best advice and know-how for your new home purchase or sale. Check out my other great articles to help you through your home selling and buying experience here in Memphis. Staging homes for sale is also part of my expertise. Please ask me about it when you reach out.
Take a minute to learn more about me. With over 15 years of top-notch service for my clients, I can guide you with your house sale, new home purchase, or buying a great parcel of land. As a top, licensed real estate agent in the Memphis area, showing you the best properties for you and your family is my goal!
Contact me at (901) 828-8919 or drop me a quick note at email@example.com and we can speak in person about your plans and options. Ask me about seeing homes for sale by video or virtual tour and find the best place for you!
Angie Kelley, Crye-Leike Realtors
(901) 828-8919 or (901) 756-8900