Are you thinking about selling your home this winter? Many homeowners hesitate to list their homes this time of year. It’s a long talked about question: when is the right time to sell a home? Don’t worry; we’re covering why selling your home in the winter might be the best time to do so.
Selling your Home in the Winter
You might think post-holidays and the chillier weather make for a terrible real estate season, but we ask you to reconsider because it’s just not true. People are always looking for homes to buy, though their motivations may be different during the winter compared to other seasons of the year.
Here are 5 reasons why selling your home in the winter is a good idea:
- Inventory is Lower in the Winter. Many people believe it’s not a good idea to sell one’s house during the winter months, so they don’t. In turn, this means far fewer homes on the market this time of year. If you do a good job with staging and listing your home in accordance with the current market, you should have no problem selling it during the winter months.
- Relocating. People often relocate for work at the beginning of the year. It can be the perfect time to reach this group of buyers who must find a new place to live. And, with a well-listed home and less inventory, your home can shine during this season.
- First-Time Homeowners. If people are finishing their rental leases near the end of the year, the winter can be the perfect time for them to purchase their first home. With fewer people looking, this can be the ideal time for them to find a great place.
- Serious Buyers. Winter isn’t always the easiest time to shop for a home, but those who want or need to move right now, will not be put off because they might need to get bundled up. Serious buyers are looking during this time of year and want to find a home for themselves and their families, making them determined and motivated buyers.
- Real Estate Vendors Quieter. Selling your home and moving can be easier in the winter. Real estate agents, home mortgage groups, moving companies, and appraisers will be less busy and more available to you (The buyer will have this benefit as well).
Yes, Winter is a Good Time to Sell a House
The winter real estate market is a win-win; selling your home in January or other winter months can be the perfect option. When all things are considered, it might actually be easier and faster in the winter. And if you’re a buyer during the winter months, you can look forward to homes priced right and fewer people putting in offers. Congratulations and enjoy the next step in your real estate journey.
Working with an Experienced Memphis Area Real Estate Agent
When it’s time to sell your existing home or buy a great new place, turn to a highly regarded and well-informed local real estate agent. You want someone that you can trust to give you the best advice and know-how for your new home purchase or sale. Check out my other great articles to help you through your home selling and buying experience here in Memphis. Staging homes for sale is also part of my expertise. Please ask me about it when you reach out.
Take a minute to learn more about me. With over 15 years of top-notch service for my clients, I can guide you with your house sale, new home purchase, or buying a great parcel of land. As a top, licensed real estate agent in the Memphis area, showing you the best properties for you and your family is my goal!
Contact me at (901) 828-8919 or drop me a quick note at email@example.com and we can speak in person about your plans and options. Ask me about seeing homes for sale by video or virtual tour and find the best place for you!
Angie Kelley, Crye-Leike Realtors
(901) 828-8919 or (901) 756-8900