Shopping for and buying a new home with the help of your favorite real estate agent is a great opportunity to find the best house for you and your family. Your Realtor® will help you immensely and make the processes run smoothly and timely. Realtors like myself who are certified as an Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR) are specifically trained to optimally assist and support new home buyers throughout their journey from pre-approval and home shopping, clear through closing. So with that being said, what can you expect from your Realtor® when buying a new home?
How a Realtor® Works for you When Buying a New Home
As mentioned above, your real estate agent has extensive training and knowledge around everything related to buying a new home. This means they have a thorough background to all the ins and outs of finding you the right home, putting in an accurate and fair offer, and completing contracts and paperwork properly to ensure their buyers are protected.
- Good Communication Your real estate agent will be in touch with you often during your active home-buying process. From sending you relevant listings to sharing detailed thoughts about homes you are looking at, your Realtor® will communicate with you on an ongoing basis.
- Using Current Technologies From the MLS to portals and digital signature capturing, your Realtor® will use up-to-date technologies for showing you new homes and processing contracts and paperwork. They might also communicate or show you homes with a video platform or video tool if you are unable to meet in-person at the homes you are viewing.
- Experience A top-notch real estate agent will have a good client review record and a strong transaction history. Ask them about specifics to learn more about their background.
- Local Market Insight Make sure you work with a Realtor® or agent who has deep insight into the towns and neighborhoods you are interested in living in. They can be a wealth of information regarding schools, parks, shopping, commutes, and even problem areas to avoid.
Questions to Ask your Realtor® When Buying
Your real estate agent will be open to answering all of your questions about how the buying process works and what to expect during every step of the buying process. Ask them how long they have been in the real estate business, if they will send you listings regularly, how well they know your buying areas, and when they will be available to show you homes.
Feel confident to ask them specific questions about the buying process or specific properties, too. For example: Is the home a good price, is the neighborhood safe, can we negotiate based on the inspection, and do you see any red flags to be concerned about?
Other Expectations for your Realtor®
While your Realtor® will successfully fulfill all of your standard home-buying needs, you can also expect them to guide you on decisions about the home you decide to buy. For example, if you wish to replace or remodel anything, you can expect your agent to have vendors and home service contractors they recommend and share their professional opinion on valuable upgrades for the home and area you are buying in.
Working with an Experienced Memphis Area Realtor®
When it’s time to sell your existing home or buy a great new place, turn to a highly-regarded and well-informed local real estate agent. You want someone you can trust to give you the best advice for your new home purchase or sale. Check out my other great articles to help you through your home selling and buying experience here in Memphis. Staging homes for sale is also part of my expertise. Please ask me about it when you reach out.
Take a minute to learn more about me. With over 15 years of top-notch service for my clients, I can guide you with your house sale, new home purchase, or buying a great parcel of land. As a top, licensed real estate agent in the Memphis area, showing you the best properties for you and your family is my goal!
Contact me at (901) 828-8919 or drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can speak about your plans and options. Ask me about seeing homes for sale by video or virtual tour, too!
Angie Kelley, Crye-Leike Realtors
(901) 828-8919 or (901) 756-8900