Staging your home is a must if you want it to sell quickly. A report from the National Association of Realtors mentioned, “Eighty-three percent of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home.” When people can visualize themselves living in the house, it can aid the buyer forward in the buying process. Even better, staging doesn’t have to be expensive and you can absolutely stage a house on a budget.
How to Stage a House on a Budget
Taking the time to stage your home will be beneficial in your house selling process. Staging doesn’t need to be over the top. And honestly, having a well-cleaned and uncluttered home will go a long way in your home sales presence.
Staging your home can be done when you are still living in the house or if you have already moved out. Take note to stage areas of your home that are most essential to give the buyers an idea of how the space will work for them.
If you are still living in the home, putting away clutter, personal items, and extra pieces of furniture will help open up your home and give it a larger feel. If you need to move from the house, consider leaving a few pieces of furniture and large decor items to provide some degree of staging to key rooms.
Inexpensive Home Staging Ideas
As mentioned above, staging your home to sell doesn’t need to be expensive. Below are some important areas to focus on to stage your house on a budget.
- Cleaning and Decluttering – It might not be something you think of right away as far as staging goes, but a clean home is essential to making your home stand out in any housing market. Removing clutter will offer a welcoming environment to your buyers right away. These two together give a home a pleasant feel and smell.
- Repairs – If your home needs some sprucing up in terms of repairs, taking care of these areas will be valuable in showing your home looking its best and well taken care of.
- Repaint – This might be a task you need to hire someone to help you with. But, if the interior or exterior walls of your house need freshening up or a color change from bold to more neutral, it can be a huge enhancement. New paint can help modernize your home quickly and improve the look a great deal.
- Furniture – Choose a few pieces of furniture to keep in each room. The room shouldn’t be cramped or filled with a lot of furniture. Sometimes all you might need for a living room is a couch, a coffee table, and a TV unit or focal point piece. Adding a few decorative items like plants, some pillows, and nice lighting can be plenty to make a room feel nice. And, it can be staged with pieces you own or borrow to keep the staging on a budget.
- Curb Appeal – Remember how important this is to showing your home off well. Do you need to trim bushes, pull weeds, or maybe repaint your front door? Is your front porch area clean and kept up? Make sure to continue to mow your lawn. Adding minimal decor to the front of your home can make it look homey but not cluttered. Stick with neutral items to present your home beautifully.
Affordable Home Staging in Memphis
You might have thought staging your home only involved furniture placement and clearing out your clutter. Staging your home is really about showing your home in its best light, by keeping it clean, orderly, and well furnished. It can get expensive quickly, but it doesn’t have to for it to shine. You can certainly stage your house on a budget or hire a professional like Staged & Sold of Memphis to provide affordable home staging services to you.
Working with an Experienced Memphis Area Real Estate Agent
When it’s time to sell your existing home or buy a great new place, turn to a highly regarded and well-informed local real estate agent. You want someone that you can trust to give you the best advice and know-how for your new home purchase or sale. Check out my other great articles to help you through your home selling and buying experience here in Memphis. Staging homes for sale is also part of my expertise. Please ask me about it when you reach out.
Take a minute to learn more about me. With over 15 years of top-notch service for my clients, I can guide you with your house sale, new home purchase, or buying a great parcel of land. As a top, licensed real estate agent in the Memphis area, showing you the best properties for you and your family is my goal!
Contact me at (901) 828-8919 or drop me a quick note at email@example.com and we can speak in person about your plans and options. Ask me about seeing homes for sale by video or virtual tour and find the best place for you!
Angie Kelley, Crye-Leike Realtors
(901) 828-8919 or (901) 756-8900