If you want to sell your home quickly and for top dollar, make sure to give home staging some serious consideration. When you are selling your home, serious buyers want to see a home looking fantastic, and staging makes your house shine. Staging doesn’t need to be difficult or expensive, either. In this blog post, we’re going to introduce you to 5 easy staging ideas for your living room.
How to Easily Stage your Living Room
- Clean Up – Staging a living room isn’t just about placing furniture and accessories just right. It’s first and foremost about detail cleaning your space and extensive decluttering. It’s better to have an end table or hutch with very little or nothing on it instead of too many trinkets and family photos. Clean and clear is very appealing.
- Repairs – Repairing any problems in your living room that cause it to look shabby or worn, like holes in drywall, torn wallpaper, scuffed paint, broken blinds, or carpet stains, should be addressed before showings begin. Home buyers want to see your home looking its best and not in disrepair. Most people will not want to repair a home after they move in, so getting it up to par before listing it will help attract buyers.
- Floors and Carpets – Are your floors looking their best? If you have hardwood, could it use some touch-ups or some refreshing without a full refinishing project? Are the rugs and carpets looking nice or will some strategic spot cleaning give these areas a nice pick-me-up? Buyers notice floors so make sure they look clean and well-kept.
- Simple Furniture Placement – With the furniture you have, place it in a way that keeps the space open and easy to walk through. Again, make sure to avoid any clutter. Too many chairs or accent furniture pieces? Put them in storage and give the living room area an uncluttered feel. Make sure you can walk through this area easily and without any obstacles.
- Finishing Touches – Now that you have removed most of the accessories in the living room, choose a few simple pieces to accent the area and pull everything together nicely and without being overly decorated. This includes wall hangings. Adding back in only a few nice-looking accent pieces on a wall, table, or shelving unit can be perfect to keep it from looking cluttered.
Staging a Living Room to Sell
Staging is such an important part of showing and selling a house. Home buyers are savvy and expect an inviting experience when they view a home they might want to buy. If the house is cluttered, dirty, or in need of repair, it can easily fall to the bottom of the list of houses for sale in the area.
Staging a living room doesn’t have to be expensive, and if it needs some work to make it presentable, staging a living room in steps can make the process easier. Repairs and clean-up can be the most time-consuming. Break these tasks up to tackle them within your budget and schedule. Also, consider hiring an expert to make the process move along smoothly and efficiently while you work on other areas of your home!
Working with an Experienced Memphis Area Real Estate Agent
When it’s time to sell your existing home or buy a great new place, turn to a highly regarded and well-informed local real estate agent. You want someone that you can trust to give you the best advice and know-how for your new home purchase or sale. Check out my other great articles to help you through your home selling and buying experience here in Memphis. Staging homes for sale is also part of my expertise. Please ask me about my company, Staged & Sold of Memphis, when you reach out.
Take a minute to learn more about me. With over 15 years of top-notch service for my clients, I can guide you with your house sale, new home purchase, or buying a great parcel of land. As a top, licensed real estate agent in the Memphis area, showing you the best properties for you and your family is my goal!
Contact me at (901) 828-8919 or drop me a quick note at email@example.com and we can speak in person about your plans and options. Ask me about seeing homes for sale by video or virtual tour and find the best place for you!
Angie Kelley, Crye-Leike Realtors
(901) 828-8919 or (901) 756-8900