Selling a home typically happens much faster when some time has been spent to make it look great before listing it. From a thorough cleaning to staging your house, you want to make sure it looks its best and displays how wonderful a home it will be for the perfect buyer. But the sprucing-ups shouldn’t stop with the inside. We have some easy landscaping ideas to improve your curb appeal.
Easy Landscaping Ideas for Better Curb Appeal
Getting your home ready to sell can be a big job. It’s important to remember you don’t need to do a full remodel (or re-landscape) to make the house look fantastic. Some simple areas to focus on can help your home’s curb appeal capture the eye of buyers and sell more quickly.
- Clean Up Are your yard, driveway, and walkway weedy? Spend a bit of time taking care of these areas so they don’t distract from a buyer’s first impression. Hiring a local lawn care business to stay on top of your lawn and landscaping while you are busy with other home-selling projects can be helpful. Also, make sure to clean any obvious patches of dirt and cobwebs on the house before showings begin.
- Grass If you have grass in your yard, keep it mowed and trimmed nicely, watered well, and replace any dead or trouble spots.
- Mulch If the mulch around bushes, trees, and in flower beds has faded in color or thinned, freshen it up with new mulch. This always gives a yard a punch of pretty color and tidies up the look at the same time.
- Planters Add planters or pots with some pretty flowers to add color to the front of the house. Place some near the front door, on the sides of the garage doors, and next to the mailbox. It’s the perfect way to add some liveliness and color to your curb appeal.
- Curb Appeal Extras If you have some more time, review your front door and repaint if it needs a fresh coat. Maybe a new, contemporary color can give it some charming appeal. Furniture can be another appealing addition. Or clean up, paint, or stain your current furniture and add some new cushions to top off your front curb appeal.
Front Yard Landscaping Ideas
The front yard is the introduction to the wonderful house you have for sale. It will be the first thing buyers see when they view it during a showing but also when they are looking online. Having it capture the attention of buyers vs other homes for sale will draw more interest and showings.
Remember, you will be selling soon, so even with some more work to maintain the new landscaping, it’s the perfect thing to grab attention and help the home sell quicker. .
Working with an Experienced Memphis Area Real Estate Agent
When it’s time to sell your existing home or buy a great new place, turn to a highly regarded and well-informed local real estate agent. You want someone that you can trust to give you the best advice and know-how for your new home purchase or sale. Check out my other great articles to help you through your home selling and buying experience here in Memphis. Staging homes for sale is also part of my expertise. Please ask me about it when you reach out.
Take a minute to learn more about me. With over 15 years of top-notch service for my clients, I can guide you with your house sale, new home purchase, or buying a great parcel of land. As a top, licensed real estate agent in the Memphis area, showing you the best properties for you and your family is my goal!
Contact me at (901) 828-8919 or drop me a quick note at email@example.com and we can speak in person about your plans and options. Ask me about seeing homes for sale by video or virtual tour and find the best place for you!
Angie Kelley, Crye-Leike Realtors
(901) 828-8919 or (901) 756-8900