Providing a virtual tour of your for sale home is a powerful way to help your listing stand out among the other homes for sale in your area. People love to tour homes first with a virtual tour, and it helps build interest by showing off all the possibilities your home has to offer. So, how do you help your home stand out among those listings that offer a virtual tour of the property? Let’s take a closer look.
How To Help Your House Stand Out On A Virtual Tour
First, Do Virtual Tours Help Sell Homes?
Virtual tours of homes for sale are more popular now than ever. Virtual tours give house hunters a feel for what it would be like if they were standing inside your house and moving from room to room…from the comfort and convenience of their current home. Virtual tours are also helpful when people are trying to relocate from another state. A posted home tour can encourage their interest in your home over other listings that don’t offer one.
Have you watched virtual tours of homes you are looking at buying yet? If so, you know how effective they can be at portraying the space and layout you are interested in.
Steps to Help Your House Stand Out On A Virtual Tour
- Clean and Clutter-Free – This is still an important part of getting your house ready for listing and showings. Clean your home and remove any clutter before your virtual tour is recorded. Capturing a stunning, neat, and clean home with plenty of space to live is important for presenting your home as best as possible.
- Curb Appeal – The way your home looks outside to prospective buyers is fundamental to showing you’re serious about selling. When your visitors pull up in front of your house in real-time or virtually, they want to smile and instantly think it’s a great place and they could absolutely find themselves living there. We have another great read to specifically help you with this area and make your home shine right from the beginning.
- Home Repairs – Broken, missing, or worn areas of your home will still certainly stand out on a virtual tour…so make sure they stand out in a positive way. Address any of these areas before having your virtual tour captured. Speak with your real estate agent if you have any questions about what to tackle first and which direction to take any repainting or remodeling.
- Appearance and Decorating – Home staging has never been more important. When you are selling your home and making it look its best for a virtual tour, staging will make it come to life. This is not an area you should neglect. If you are unable to do it yourself, speak with your agent to get some suggestions.
Your Knowledgeable Memphis Area Real Estate Agent
When it’s time to sell your existing home or buy a great new place, turn to a highly-regarded and well-informed local real estate agent. You want a real estate agent that will guide you during both your local home selling and buying process. You want someone that you can trust to give you the best advice and know-how for your new home purchase or sale. Check out my other great articles to help you through your home selling and buying experience here in Memphis.
And, take a minute to learn more about me and how I can guide you with your house sale, new home purchase, or buying a great parcel of land. With over 15 years of top-notch service for my clients, I want to help you with your home selling or buying process. Contact me at (901) 828-8919 or drop me a quick note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can speak in person about your plans and options. I look forward to speaking with you today – ask me about seeing homes for sale by video or virtual tour!
Angie Kelley, Crye-Leike Realtors
(901) 828-8919 or (901) 756-8900